The closure of the NEM Summit 2017 came with the announcement of the Award Winners....
Venue: Hotel Crowne Plaza Le Palace, Brussels, Belgium
(Rue Gineste 3, 1210 Bruxelles, Belgium)
09:00 – 09:15 Welcome, Jean-Dominique Meunier (Technicolor, NEM Chairman)
09:15 – 09:30 Elections of new NEM Steering Board – Introduction, Halid Hrasnica (Eurescom GmbH, NEM Secretariat)
09:30 – 10:00 The next H2020 call on “Cultural Heritage, Interface”, Albert Gauthier (Scientific Officer at EC DG-CONNECT-G2 Unit – Data Applications and Creativity)
10:00 – 10:15 Addresses from Deputy Head of EC DG-CONNECT-G2 Unit – Data Applications and Creativity – Federico Milani
10:15 – 10:45 Activities of EC DG-CONNECT-I4-Unit – Media Convergence and Social Media, Anni Hellman (Deputy head of unit “Media Convergence & Social Media” at EC)
10:45 – 11:15 Break
11:15 – 11:45 NEM Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda 2018 – presentation and approval, Pierre-Yves Danet (Orange, NEM Vice-chair)
11:45 – 12:45 Key-messages, session organized by Vital Media project, moderator: Silvia Boi (Engineering, NEM Executive Group)
- What’s wrong? Challenges in assessing the impact of fake news on social media,Giovanni Zagni (Pagella Politica)
- Artificial Intelligence, Image Analysis and Retrieval for the Creative Industry, Giuseppe Amato (CNR – ISTI)
12:45 – 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 – 15:15 NEM Ambassadors
- About mechanism of NEM ambassadors, (Julia Morawski, Cap Digital)
- Iconic Cluster, Romania, Magda Pricop (NEM ambassador)
- University of Sofia, Bulgaria, Albena Antonova (NEM ambassador)
- RITA, Abzerbaidjan (Khalida Melikova and Tofig Babayev – NEM ambassadors)
15:15 – 15:30 Short break
15:30 – 16:00 NEM position and white papers, moderator: David Jiménez Bermejo (UPM, NEM Executive Group)
16:00 – 16:30 Future directions of the NEM Initiative (NEM Steerimng Board representative – to be announced)
16:30 Closing of the General Assembly
Mark the date in your calendar and register until 28 May 2018.
The Commission has launched a public consultation on Europeana, Europe’s Digital Platform for Cultural Heritage...
The NEM White Paper on “Policy dialogue in Convergence and Social Media: requirements” has been...