NESSI – the European Technology Platform for Software, Services and Data
NESSI is organizing a 2014 NESSI Member’s Day in conjunction with NESSI International Cooperation Day on 20-21 November at the “Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona” (Bellaterra, Barcelona).
NESSI invites its members and members of other Technology Platforms: NEM (New European Media), NetWorld2020 (ETP for communications networks and services) and PLANETIC (Spanish ICT-based Technology Platform) and also invites organizations and researchers from countries that participate in on-going FP7 funded projects in ICT INCO: MOSAIC and MED-Dialogue (Mediterranean countries), CONECTA 2020 (Latin American countries), EAST-HORIZON and EECA-2-HORIZON (Eastern Europe and Central Asia), CONNECT2SEA (South East Asia) and CHOICE (China).
The purpose of this event is to set-up a “Proposal development & consortium formation” workshop in view of the H2020 calls closing in April 2015 with the aim at enhancing the collaboration between NESSI members, other ETP members and also organisations from International Co-operation partner countries. The event is aiming at an open dialogue to discuss and elaborate proposal ideas and start building proposals under the ICT topics identified. The event is expected to reinforce industrial cooperation and ICT research, development and innovation through a better networking between European ICT Technology Platforms and International Co-operation partner countries.
NEM invites its members to join the NESSI INCO event and to propose project proposals with view to H2020 projects (call closing in April 2015). This is a first peer partnership for international cooperation activities between NEM and NESSI technology platforms.
BEFORE THE EVENT:
– Send your Horizon 2020 project ideas to the NESSI Organizing Committee from now on till the dates of the event (20-21 November). Please use the template provided on the second page of the agenda.
– The NESSI Organizing Committee will publish the list of project ideas on the NESSI web site before the event takes place so that each entity can make a first selection of the projects of interest.
DURING THE EVENT:
– A presentation of Horizon 2020 topics will be provided followed by a presentation of NESSI and other ETPs (NEM and NetWorld2020) and PLANETIC (Spanish ICT TP).
– A brief presentation of the project ideas will be provided by the promoters of the project (3 minutes each).
– Then small groups / consortia will be set-up to collaborate on the elaboration of each project idea.
– At the end of the each day, a wrap-up will be presented to the attendants with the status of the proposal.
– At the end of the event it is expected that each consortium has established all the necessary steps to carry on the proposal writing till the closure deadlines: planning, responsibilities of Work Packages, etc.
More information about the event and the registration will be available here. Meanwhile, do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to attend the event or if you have any questions. Also follow the event on twitter (@ NESSI_ETP) or check out this website for the latest updates.
We look forward to welcoming you to the NESSI Member’s and International Cooperation Day 2014!
During the same week, the Smart City Expo World Congress will be held in Barcelona from 18 to 20 November: http://www.smartcityexpo.com/