NEM hold its 18th NEM General Assembly on September 29, 2014, from 16:00 to 18:00 in Brussels @Flagey
- just after the Info Day on Technologies for Creative Industries, Social Media and Convergence organized by the European Commission DG Connect Unit G1 (Converging Media and Content) and G2 (Creativity) September 29, from 9:30-16:00 @ Centre Albert Borchette, a venue close to Flagey,
This NEM General Assembly was a great opportunity to understand the highlighted priorities in the new announced European Commission, to contribute to the NEM vision and strategic agenda towards the Horizon 2020 program calls to come (particularly 2016-2017) and have an overview of the current NEM activities. The NEM General Assembly was also an opportunity to participate to a session on Expression of Interests for creation of collaborative projects dedicated to the upcoming calls of Horizon2020 program.
- 15:30-16:00 – registration
- 16:00-16:10 – welcome/ Jean-Dominique Meunier, NEM Chairman, Technicolor
- 16:10-16:30 – Content and Creative Industries priorities in the new Commission / Harald Trettenbrein, DG Connect, Unit G1 – Converging Media & Content; Albert Gauthier, DG Connect, Unit G2, Creativity
- 16:30-17:00 – NEM vision and strategic agenda for the Horizon 2020 work programs to come; presentation and approval / Pierre-Yves Danet, NEM Vice Chairman, Orange
- 17:00-17:10 – CRe-AM contribution to Content Creative Industry roadmap / Lampros Stergioulas, Surrey University
- 17:10-17:20 – Europeana initiative presentation / James Morley, Europeana, Creative Industries Community Developer
- 17:20-17:35 – French Augmented Reality Industrial Plan and International Loading the Future award price / Gérard le Bihan, Images & Réseaux cluster
- 17:35-17:40 – FI-Business project – opportunity for creative industries in FI-PPP programme, Halid Hrasnica, Eurescom GmbH
- 17:40-17:45 – The NEM Portugal initiative, Maria Teresa Andrade, INESC Porto
- 17:45-18:00 Expression of Interest by NEM members for creation of project consortia – Moderator: Halid Hrasnica, NEM Secretariat
– Networked Multimedia Laboratory in PSNC, Maciej Glowiak, Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
– User Community Interaction, Maria Luisa Martínez, A-CING
– New multi-screen interaction paradigms, Matteo Villa, FINCONS Spa
– EuropeanaSpace – Creative industries leveraging cultural heritage content for innovation, Alexandru Stan, IN2 Search interfaces development ltd.
- 18:00-20:00 – Networking cocktail with @diversity community
Attendance was open to all NEM members and partners.
Flagey – Rue du Belvédère 27/5, 1050 Brussels